Have you ever noticed how your attitude affects your day? I know when I’m grumpy, nothing much gets done and I end up with a stress headache. On the other hand, when I adopt a positive attitude despite my circumstances, I tend to get more done and feel more productive.
Today’s challenge from Tricia involves choosing to have a good attitude. In Chapter 8 of her book Balanced, Tricia shares a list of things you can do to make today truly amazing.
- Thank God for everything your new day holds.
- Give your husband a hug and ask if he has something special in mind for the day. If he doesn’t, tell him you do and do something spontaneous.
- Take time to read your Bible and ask the Creator of the universe to guide your day.
- Appreciate your health and pray asking God to help you in all areas where you are weak. Or if you have a chronic illness thank Him for walking you through it.
- Hug your kids and tell them what you appreciate the most about who God made them to be.
- Relax in your favorite part of your house for ten minutes and thank God for what He’s provided.
- Go through your closet and pull out clothes you haven’t worn in a while—then take them to Goodwill.
Tricia challenged us to pick one of these tips to try and then blog about the difference it made in our day. I chose to thank God for what He’s provided in my life.
I had actually begun doing that on Sunday night during a special prayer time at my church. As people from my church began to pray, God reminded me of all the people He has placed in my life for my benefit over the last 20 years. I was so humbled to think how far God has brought me in my life.
I mentioned back in Day 4 of the challenge that I never would have imagined back in high school that I would be a writer today sharing thoughts and encouraging people via the Internet. During my time of thanking God for all He has provided me I was reminded that if He has brought me this far, He will surely bring me further and take me places I could never imagine.
I need to remember this whenever I feel I’m not moving forward as I should with my blog or writing in general. Sometimes that’s hard, but it is definitely necessary.
I’m glad I had that time with God yesterday morning because my day certainly didn’t go as planned. Since I had placed my focus in the right place, I was not bothered by what I did not get done.
Now it’s your turn! I challenge you to pick one of these tips that Tricia gave and see how it can make a difference in your day.
Leave a comment below and let me know which one you picked.
This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!
Linked up with Tricia Goyer’s Balanced Challenge.