Simply the Best Sausage Corn Chowder
When the temperatures drop, I love to pull out my soup recipes to create warm and hearty meals for my family. In addition to chili, my family has several favorite soups and chowders that we like to eat. One of them is what I call Simply the Best Sausage Corn Chowder.
I love this recipe because not only is it tasty, it is very simple to make. It requires only one pot and that saves a ton of time with clean up. It also makes a lot. My family of four will usually get 6-8 servings from this recipe. That means we can eat it one night and have a little left over for another meal later in the week.
Hungry yet? Let’s get started!
Recipe for Simply the Best Corn Chowder:
- 1 pound pork sausage
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled & diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 15-ounce can cream-style corn
- 15-ounce can whole-kernel corn, drained
- In a large pot, combine sausage, onions, green peppers and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until sausage is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, salt and pepper, and both cans of corn.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
That’s it! Doesn’t it sound delicious? Make a pan of cornbread to serve with the chowder and you’ve got yourself a hearty, warm meal.
What is your favorite soup or chowder?
Looks easier than my Polish Stew!