Ministering to the Women in Your Life
Ministry opportunities are all around us if we only take the time to notice them. When I was growing up, I thought I had to go to another country to be able to minister to and share Jesus with other people. While foreign missions and ministry is important, we can’t neglect the needs of others that God has placed in our lives.
As a woman, I am always on the lookout for ways I can minister to other women in my life. While my life purpose is to help women, that can be manifested in many different ways.
I am around women who are my friends, neighbors, co-workers, moms, and grandmothers. They all have different needs based on their current season of life. I am on a mission to try to be aware of their needs and to try to meet them if I am able.
Note: I am not called to meet ALL the needs of these women. I just feel it’s important to think of others and help out when you feel the nudge of the Holy Spirit. God can use even the smallest of actions to change another person’s life.
Check out these ideas to minister to different types of women:
These are the women closest to you. However, we often take our friends for granted and sometimes overlook their needs.
- Do something special for her birthday. Send her a card or treat her to a special meal or dessert.
- Send a quick text or email to let her know you are thinking about her.
- Commit to pray daily for her.
- Offer to help out around her house or take care of errands when she is ill or overloaded with responsibilities.
- Host a gathering for women in your neighborhood. Invite them over for refreshments and a time to get to know each other.
- Consider starting a neighborhood Bible study.
- Invest time in getting to know the neighbors closest to your home. Find out how you could minister to them.
- Offer practical help. Bring her a meal, run errands for her, or babysit.
- Listen. Sometimes all a young mom needs is someone to listen to her.
- Share your experiences. Share your successes and failures as a mom so she will know she’s not alone in her struggles.
- Pray for her.
- Host a baby shower for her. Give gifts that she can use when the new baby visits her.
- Offer to help out when she has babysitting duty.
- Encourage her in this new season of her life.
Thank you for sharing these ideas on loving the women God puts in our lives on a daily basis. So often I get caught up in the everyday tasks that I forget or even take for granted the beautiful ladies God has graced my life with.
Thanks for commenting, Jamie! I’m glad this post inspired you to think about the women in your life. I’d love to hear how you minister to women. It’s always great to share ideas!