Best Ever Italian Drip Beef Sandwiches
Something happened earlier this year that I thought I would never see in my lifetime. My whole family (picky eater included) actually loved a new recipe I tried!
Yes, on one hand that’s funny, but on the other, it’s kind of sad. I have tried many new recipes this year in an attempt to break the monotony of what we have been eating. For one reason or another, many of the recipes were not a hit with my family. A couple of us may have liked a recipe, but not necessarily enough to determine it to be a keeper.
A few months ago I came across this recipe for Italian Drip Beef Sandwiches on Pinterest. It was actually a crock pot version of The Pioneer Woman’s recipe.
After I made it once, it quickly became a go-to recipe because we all loved it. And, being a crock pot recipe, cooking it was a snap. The best part is having buttered, toasted deli rolls and then melting the cheese on top of the sandwich. Cooking the beef and spices creates tasty dipping juices.
I’ve shared this recipe with several people and they have been begging me to post it on my blog. So here it is!
Italian Drip Beef Sandwiches
- 1 whole Beef Chuck Roast, 2.5 to 4 pounds ( I sometimes use a top sirloin roast instead)
- 1 can of Beef Broth
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 jar (16 oz) Pepperoncini Peppers, with Juice
- Mozzarella Slices
- Buttered, Toasted Deli Rolls
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred all meat.
- Cut stems off peppers and reserve for topping sandwiches.
- Place meat and a slice of cheese on the deli rolls.
- Stick under broiler to melt cheese.
- Add peppers if desired.
- Serve with juices from the slow cooker.
This looks fantastic! Im always on the lookout for wonderful crock pot recipes, thank you!
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think when you get a chance to try it.