When life gets busy and overwhelming, I find that my creativity is stifled. I can’t think of anything blog worthy to write about. Or, I’m so bogged down in the details of life that I can’t make myself sit still long enough to write.
Tricia challenged us to come up with a list of ways we find inspiration. We were also challenged to carve out a relaxing time to do this. Well, life is pretty busy right now, so relaxation was definitely not on my schedule yesterday. However, I did manage to come up with a list of ways I find inspiration.
- Prayer. Prayer always keeps me focused on what’s most important in my life.
- Pinterest. I love to look at ways people are organizing their homes and their time. I find great ideas to use in my own life and I’m reminded of things I already do to stay organized.
- Housework. Ok, I know it sounds weird, but I do think of things to blog about or ideas to make my blog better while folding clothes, washing dishes, or making the bed. The key is to capture those ideas as soon as possible.
- Driving. When I’m by myself, I can focus my thoughts on what needs to be done concerning my blog. I often remember things I want to do or come up with new ideas to try.
- Taking a break. I mentioned on Day 6 of the challenge that I had some unexpected organizing time with my friend Shana. We both agreed that even though we had full schedules, sometimes we are better served when we take a break and do something energizing. I know I was much more motivated to complete my to-do list after we got such a good start on getting my office cleaned up and re-organized.
These are just a few things that help me find inspiration. I’m sure there are many other ways that I could list.
Leave a comment below and share how you find inspiration.
This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!
Linked up with Tricia Goyer’s Balanced Challenge.